Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Canton Haul this Month

                                                    
Hi there all. I finally made it home yesterday evening, but let me tell you it was an absolute circus.
First, we got a flat tire on the trailer. Well we fixed it enough to get home, or  it so we thought. As we were crossing a bridge the trailer blew its flat out again and started rocking and bucking in such a way that any rodeo bronc would have had to take notes. Needless to say, it was pretty hairy for a minute. We had to leave the trailer behind and drive all the way back to Canton and buy a new one. But we made it home in the end. But enough of that. You all want to hear about bargains right? Okay here goes:
                                        
       1. A pink parasol. Aside from keeping the sun off my face it has the added benefit of being very pinup. Plus I think I may have started a little trend. After I took a couple strolls with mine, the place was awash in multicolored parasols, $1
2. A vintage Florida themed  vinyl bag. Superior as a shopping bag. Attracts alot of attention, $3
                                           
3. A black fan w/ embroidered peacock. Much needed as temps were in the 99-104 degree range all weekend, I could not argue with $1
                                     
4. A vintage Lucite Clutch. I think I saw a picture of Marilyn Monroe with something similar, $15. I know, right?
                                     
5. A vintage black satin evening bag w/ compact mirror and change purse still inside, $3

6. A handfull of vintage hair combs including this one with red gems and a vintage ponytail accent $9
                                   
7. A pair of vintage satin and rhinestone shoe clips,$2
                                            
8. A new Mexican blouse from my vendor neighbor across the street, Adrian. He does imports of hats and clothing and this really caught my eye. I wore it on the last day and I have to say I felt so much cooler wearing this than my cotton tanks! $ 25

9. A gift for a little relative of mine. I can't tell you all what it is as family reads this blog too. Its gonna have to be a surprise!

And a gift of a bracelet with my astrological sign on it and  metal pink flamingo yard stake, another gift.
 Well, thats all for this month's goodies post. Check back next month to see more thrifty finds. You can also check out Apron Thrift Girl blog for more thirfty goodness!
As always, Thanks For Reading!
                                                      - Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment