Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's Not to Love about Ikea?

                                                             

Yngaren Bottle Set from Ikea
Here I am again with an interesting topic of discussion. Home furnishings and decor. From Ikea. Yes, we are about to explore the world of Scandinavian design. But if the term Scandinavian design makes you think of harsh, sterile white rooms kitted out with strangely shaped objet'd'art allow me to introduce you to Ikea.



Let me begin by saying Ikea is more than just a home furnishings store. Way, way more. You can get anything there. Even the Kitchen sink. No kidding. You could remodel your kitchen with Ikea quite inexpensively. But they do not cut corners where quality is concerned which makes for a good quality product.  Where else can you get the luxe look for less knowing it will probably last you longer for your money?


                                                                 I love this mirror!

Even if the whole "Mod" thing doesn't appeal to you never fear. Ikea has a wide selection of products in various styles to suit any taste . From french country:
                                      
To Contemporary:
                                 
To Modern:
                           

Not to mention the fabulous storage systems and products they have for literally every room in the house!
Back in February I found myself in an Ikea store and it was AWESOME! If you go, make sure to give yourself plenty of time to wander around and take it all in( and maybe have lunch at the cafe, just sayin'). I made up quite a shopping list for myself. Not sure exactly which way I lean style wise, I just like what I like.

No.1
                    
 Storage boxes to corral my stuff. $19.99



No.2                
                        

Awsome print of Audrey Hepburn. $39.99                                                                                       


No.3

                     

      $39.99. Plus the perfume bottles at the top of this post and the mirror and the second duvet are also on the list. I hope I inspired you to give Scandinavian design a chance! Thanks for Reading! - Evie
All photos courtesy of Ikea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment